Through our legal services program, we assist members of the LGBTQ military and veteran community with discharge upgrades, legal name changes and a wide range of other legal issues. MMAA also currently has four high-profile lawsuits against the Trump-Pence administration for various discriminatory policies — including the administration’s unconscionable transgender military ban.
- Legal Help Desk
- We assist the LGBTQ military and veteran community on may legal issues — from bias and unequal treatment to access to benefits.
- Restore Honor, Restore Dignity
- We assist lesbian, gay and bisexual veterans who were discharged under “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” and prior policies in removing offensive evidence of those defunct policies from DD214s. We also assist transgender veterans in changing the name and gender marker on their military records.
- Direct Representation
- We assist individuals who may need direct legal representation in administrative separation and other disciplinary matters, court martial proceedings, and other legal issues related to sexual orientation, gender identity or HIV status
- We currently have four lawsuits challenging discriminatory policies impacting the LGBTQ military and veteran community and service members living with HIV.
Need assistance? Call us at 202-328-3244 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.