Today is Giving Tuesday — a day dedicated to giving and an opportunity for you to donate to an organization whose mission you believe in.
We know you have a lot of organizations to choose from today. So before you make your decision, give us a chance to share why you should choose MMAA.
Over the past several months, here’s a snapshot of what we’ve been up to:
- Our government affairs team has met with dozens of Members of Congress and officials from the Defense Department and VA about the many challenges our community is facing. We’ve been working to bring LGBTQ inclusive language to non-discrimination policies and advocating for transgender troops and servicemembers living with HIV. We’re giving a voice to our community and helping give our lawmakers a better perspective.
- Our legal team is litigating four high-profile impact lawsuits challenging discriminatory policies, including the transgender military ban and outdated policies harming servicemembers living with HIV. We’ve also been busy providing legal advice and assisting with discharge upgrades.
- Our education and programs team wrapped up our groundbreaking new survey of the LGBTQ military and veteran community and is analyzing the results so that we can make a real difference in the lives of our modern military community. We also held our inaugural LGBTQ cultural competency training through our Rainbow Shield certification program, as well as trained the entire New York State Division of Veterans Services.
- Our operations team has been busy combining the chapters from our legacy organizations, recruiting talented Regional Directors to help lead them, and developing the tools they need to succeed. We are working tirelessly to build and reinvigorate our more than 60 chapters around the globe.
- Our communications team has been helping to shape the public discussion on the challenges our community is facing, lifting up the stories of servicemembers, veterans and family members impacted by discriminatory policies, and ensuring our voice is front and center.
If you believe in our cause to advance fairness and equality for the LGBTQ military and veteran community, then show us by choosing MMAA today for Giving Tuesday.