Over the past several weeks, we’ve received many messages from members indicating they finally feel like there is a single organization that accurately represents their families and their military service. We’re thrilled that we can help cultivate and provide that sense of identity and community.
Our invigorated team of staff, members, advisors, and volunteers are all dedicated to providing the highest quality of service possible. These past three months, our team has been hard at work making significant strides for our community through education, advocacy and support:
- Nearly 50% of our location-based chapters held a pride celebration within their area of responsibility, focused on education, community, and Pride.
- We were invited to present at World Pride’s Human Rights Conference on the significant progress our community has made over the last several years and the work we are doing to address the remaining roadblocks to full equality.
- We trained numerous individuals through out Rainbow Shield Certification program, ensuring these dedicated service providers have the tools and competencies they need to be as efficient and effective as possible.
- We were invited to provide testimony to the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Veterans’ Affairs on the unique impact military sexual trauma has on LGBTQ-identifying veterans.
- Thanks to our partnership with Hilton, we awarded eight incredible military spouses with scholarships to continue their educational goals.
- We worked with our Congressional partners to push forward numerous pieces of legislation to advance equality, while blocking amendments that were intended to do the opposite.
We’ve been hard at work for you and our community. But we need your help to continue.
That’s why I’m asking you to join us in the fight for the LGBTQ military and veteran community by signing up today to become a monthly donor. As a “premium member,” you’ll fund the important work we are doing and also receive a number of special additional benefits.