Today is Giving Tuesday — a global day of giving that unleashes the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
We know there are so many worthy non-profit organizations to choose from to give to today, so here’s why you should choose MMAA.
Over the past year, our staff and volunteers have been hard at work supporting and defending the LGBTQ military and veteran community. Here’s a snapshot into how we’ve been fighting for you:
- Trained over 100 military and veteran service providers through our Rainbow Shield Certification program
- Earned media coverage in dozens of outlets, including print, online and television
- Joined the DoD’s Diversity & Inclusion Task Force to ensure we have a seat at the table
- Assisted dozens of veterans with discharge upgrades and other legal help
- Continued our lawsuits to overturn discriminatory policies harming transgender troops and service members living with HIV
- Strengthened our relationship with Members of Congress to better serve the modern military and veteran community
- Aided the Governor of Maryland with the state’s suicide prevention plan
- and so much more.
If you appreciate the work we do, show our team by giving to MMAA today on Giving Tuesday.